3251 Huntington Place
Houston, Texas 77019
Graham is a Past President of the International Society of Barristers, an organization limited to trial lawyers deemed "outstanding in the field of advocacy." He has established a reputation for excellence in personal injury, wrongful death, class action, mass torts, and commercial litigation. A former chairman of the Houston Bar Association's Litigation Committee, Graham is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. He served as Special State Court Counsel for a $1 billion Sulzer Orthopedics class action settlement and tried the only case against Sulzer arising from the recall of 46,000 defective hip implants. Additionally, Graham tried the first "fen-phen" case. He is also a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers, the American Board of Trial Advocates, and the International Academy of Trial Lawyers.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1976
- M.P.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1973
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1971
- Lead trial lawyer in first "fen-phen" case tried in the United States.
- Lead trial lawyer in only Sulzer Hip Implant case tried in the United States.
- State court counsel in ephedra diet drug litigation.
- Represented global provider of fare collection systems in contract dispute.
- Represented the National Council on Workers Compensation Insurance in connection with claims of premium 'underreporting' against American International Group (AIG).
- Zimmelman v. Harris County , 819 S.W.2d 178 (Tex.App.-Hous. (1 Dist.) 1991).
- First City, Texas-Houston N.A. v. Gnat Robot Corp. , 813 S.W.2d 230 (Tex.App.-Hous. (1 Dist.) 1991). (Won Trial After Appeal)
- Firestone Tire &Rubber Co. v. Battle , 745 S.W.2d 909 (Tex.App.-Hous. (1 Dist) 1988).
- Lamar Sav. Ass'n v. White , 731 S.W.2d 715 (Tex.App.-Hous. (1 Dist.) 1987).
- Hamil v. Whitlow Steel Co., Inc. , 596 S.W.2d 293 (Tex.App.-Hous. (14 Dist.) 1980).
- Mandola v. Marriotti , 557 S.W.2d 350 (Tex.App.-Hous. (1 Dist) 1977). (Won Trial After Appeal)
- Shipp v. General Motors Corp. , 750 F.2d 418 (5th Cir.-1985).
Publications & Presentations
- "Protecting the Environment in Texas," an Independent Research Report published by the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, The University of Texas at Austin (1973).
- "The Constitution of Texas and Administrative Structure of the State," A Policy Research Project Report published by the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, The University of Texas at Austin (1973).
- "The Impact of Environmental Impact Statements," A Policy Research Project Report published by the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, The University of Texas at Austin (1974).
- "Gertz v. Robert Welch, Defamation and Freedom of the Press: The Struggle Continues," Southwestern Law Journal (Winter 1974).
- "Texas Open Records Act: Law Enforcement Agencies Investigatory Records," Southwestern Law Journal (Spring 1975).
- "Houston Chronicle Publishing Co. v. City of Houston: Public Has Limited Access to Criminal Records," Southwestern Law Journal (Spring 1976).
- Partner, Heard Robins Cloud & Black LLP (March 2012 - December 2012)
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP (September 2003 - February 2012)
- Partner, Hill & Parker, PC (April 1979 - August 2003)
- Associate, Fulbright & Jaworski (April 1976 - April 1979)
Professional Affiliations & Achievements
- Past President, International Society of Barristers
- Member, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Executive Board, Southern Methodist University School of Law
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Houston Bar Foundation
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association (Past Chairman of Litigation Committee)
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Named, "Texas Super Lawyer," Texas Monthly Magazine
- Named, "The Best Lawyers in America," Personal Injury Litigation
Graham Hill Handles All Types of Business and Tort Litigation
Clients in Houston, Texas and across the country look to Graham Hill to resolve any type of civil conflict. Examples of civil cases Hill can handle include:
- Product Liability
- Class Actions
- Mass Torts
- Wrongful Death
- Oil and Gas Litigation
- Trademark Infringement and Intellectual Property Issues
- Breach of Contract Disputes
- Partnership Disputes